Instrumentation & Field Instruments Servicing
This 5 days Instrumentation & Field Instruments Servicing Kensington training course will cover all issues in Instrumentation & Field Instruments Servicing, Maintenance and Troubleshooting.
This training course will ensure that your engineers and technicians gain the highest level of process Instrumentation & Field Instruments Servicing knowledge and skills. It will also develop skilled maintenance professionals who understand operating principles and capabilities of process instrumentation and know how to install, commission, service, operate, and troubleshoot field process instruments.
This training course will highlight:
- Definitions of Process Measuring and Control Instrumentation.
- Setting up Process transmitters, Digital Indicators, Gauges and Switches to measure pressure, flow, level, temperature and analytical
- Process control loops and “P&ID” process and instrumentation diagrams.
- Installation, Wiring, Calibration and Configuration of Field Instruments.
- Servicing and troubleshooting field instruments.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
Day One: Process Field Instrumentation and Process Control Loops
- Terms and definitions associated with Instrumentation systems
- Components of field Instrumentation Control Loops: Sensors, Transducers, Transmitters Controllers and control valves
- Applications Process control loops (Pressure, Level, Temperature and Flow)
- Instrumentation Calibration Parameters: Range, Span, and Zero Process Instrumentation Signals
- Process Field Transmitters (Smart, Electronic and Pneumatic)
- Smart transmitter Configuration Parameters
- Differential pressure transmitter (Installation, Wiring, Calibration and Configuration)
- Troubleshooting field instrumentation control loops
Day Two: Industrial Temperature Measurements
- Industrial thermocouple (TC), applications, TC wiring and code
- Thermocouple field installation, wiring and testing
- Thermocouple Temperature Transmitter and Calibration Procedure
- Temperature signal converter (TC) Thermocouple
- Industrial Resistance Temperature Detectors RTDs and Thermistor
- Calibration Procedure of RTDs Temperature Transmitter and RTD sensors signal converter
- Temperature Switches and industrial applications.
- Testing and Calibration of Temperature switches (Set and Reset)
Day Three: Level Measurements
- Continuous level measurement, level gauges and indicators
- Magnetic and Displacer Level Indicator/Transmitter
- Level Measurement by Hydrostatic Head
- Hydrostatic Head calculation applied in open and closed tank
- Closed and open Tank Level Measurement with a DP Transmitter
- Interface Measurement two and three-phase Separators in Oil Production
- Ultrasonic and radar Level Measurement Installation and programming
- Level switches installation and calibration
Day Four: Pressure and Flow Measurement
- Principles of Pressure measurement
- Pressure gauges Calibration, Assembly and Disassembly
- Pressure instruments installation considerations and applications
- Calibration of Pressure Gauges and Switches (Set and Reset)
- Process Flow Rate Measurements by Orifice Plate applications
- D/P transmitter with Flow Measurement/Square Root Extraction
- Calibration and Configuration of differential pressure flow transmitters
- Digital Flow meters and Counters applications, configuration and calibration
Day Five: Analytical Measurements and Applied Process Instrumentation.
- Process analytical Measurements
- Analyzer principles, configuration and probes Installation
- Conductivity and Concentration analyzer (probe Installation & Calibration & Configuration)
- Turbo compressor and turbine Lube/Seal oil control system
- Boiler field instrumentation
- Heat exchanger field instrumentation
- Developing specific skills, competencies, and points of view needed by professionals in the field most closely related to Instrumentation & Field Instruments Servicing.
- Learning the major process variables (Temperature, Level Pressure Flow, Analytical) controlled in the Process Industry
- Describe the types of petrochemical and refining industry drawings.
- Designing field process control loops and the elements that are found in different types of loops, such as controllers, regulators and final control elements
- Applying practical skills for testing, maintaining and modifying process field instruments (Smart electronic and pneumatic).
This Kensington training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- All instrumentation and control personnel
- General maintenance personnel
- Plant managers and supervisors
- Control and instrumentation technicians and engineers
- Contract Technicians as well as Sales and Service Representatives